Efficiency


More Efficient Heat Distribution with a Flat Heater

When installed, the 12″ wide radiant heating mats cover over 60% of the floor, thereby evenly warming the floor with a lower step-touch-2temperature. This provides an efficient and even heat distribution and minimizes power consumption. To give the same heat output with electric cables or a water tubing system (hydronics) it would require:

  • 2.5 times more wattage for a electric cable system
  • 2.08 times more wattage compared to a water tubing system (hydronics)

Heating Element Acts as a Sensor

The Electro Plastics, Inc. radiant heating element is self-regulating which means that when the ambient temperature increases, the electrical resistance increases and the consumption of electricity decreases. This ability has three major benefits:

Maintaining a continuous even temperature is more efficient than an on-and-off heating system. The self-regulating elements act as a floor sensor, supplying more wattage when cold and less wattage as they warm up.

Electro Plastics, Inc. radiant heating elements use only the energy necessary to maintain an even temperature.
The heating element cannot overheat. When the element becomes warmer the morphology of the polymer structure changes and the particles separate reducing the points of contact between each other. As the electrical resistance increases the current flow is proportionally restricted.

Less Heat Loss to Ground

Electro Plastics, Inc. flat radiant heating element runs at a low temperature close to the surface.

With a reduced operating temperature there is less heat loss to the ground. Eg. A water tubing system would require a higher temperature (120°F) compared to Electro Plastics, Inc. (84°F) increasing the temperature loss to the ground from 5 W to 10 W.
Install Directly Under the Floor Covering

Electro Plastics, Inc. low voltage system can be placed safely closer to the floor surface than any other heating system:
With less mass to heat, the radiant heating system reacts fast to its regulated temperature. This eliminates the disadvantage of a large thermo-bed heating the house when the ambient temperature does not require additional heat.

100% of Electricity Converted to Heat

Electro Plastics, Inc. radiant heating systems consists of a power supply and heating elements. It can also be connected to solar and wind power.

The radiant heating elements are 100% efficient. This means that all the energy used is converted to heat.

The radiant heating elements are connected to a power supply which is 96% efficient. The remaining 4% still goes to heat in the building.

Zoning – Heat When and Where You Want

Not everyone has the same heating preferences and individual zoning for each room is not only comfortable but also very cost effective.

With Electro Plastics, Inc. thermostats you can individually zone every room and/or use the programmable thermostat to adjust the temperature to your specific needs.
The Most Energy Efficient Choice

When thinking of efficiency, you should take in consideration:

  •  Consumption – how much energy does the system pull compared to other heating options
  •  Cost – what is the cost per kWh in the area (winter rates) compared to other available energy sources. Maintenance comparison should be added to the cost

Note: For a radiant heating system to be efficient it is very important to have sufficient thermal insulation. Heat goes to cold in all directions (360 degrees). If the area is not properly insulated, you may not attain the desired floor and ambient temperature and the system will not be energy efficient.